Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I Coloni di Catan

For those of you unfamiliar with this game, prepare to enter a world of addiction and obsessive enjoyment. "The Settlers of Catan" is an action-packed, nail-biting, mortal enemy-creating, punch-someone in the face kind of game.
At least it is for me. And I love it.
I have taught far too many people back at home how to play this game (and unfortunately how to beat me).
But now, I can conquer Catan in Italian.
The only big difference here is that when I explain the rules to unsuspecting Italian friends. I will have to stumble through the intricate jargon of this precious island.

Vocab I need to learn: brick, ore, settlement, sheep, trading ratio, "discard half your cards rounding down," "wheat monopoly," "the development card strategy," "I declare my turn over," "I really want to throw you and all your !@$%# cities out of my house now"

Clearly this game is an excellent way to spend a Friday night.

If you scroll down, you'll see some of the cards from the game. Of course, in Italian. I particularly like the Development card victory points. You can earn things like a piazza or even a duomo for your settelements!





No comments:

Post a Comment